2014 GED® Test Item Samplers
The 2014 GED Test® Item Samplers provide access to example test items that address some of the assessment targets on the 2014 GED® test, available now in the United States. These tools have been designed with educators in mind to help you prepare adults to take and succeed on the 2014 GED® test.
MAKING TEST PREPARATION EASIER
- Demonstrate the look and feel of the 2014 GED® test
- Represent the full range of item types that will appear on test subject
- Show how some of the 2014 GED® test Assessment Targets can be reflected in test items
- Are available in English and Spanish
- Are available in several formats to support a variety of uses
- Access the Item Samplers using your web browser and Internet connection
- Download the Item Samplers for use in situations where you will not have an active Internet connection
- View or download a printable PDF containing all the content of the Item Samplers for use in situations that focus on the content of the test questions rather than the specific computer functionality
No matter which format you choose, all of the same information is included in each format.
Remember that the Item Samplers are not intended to be viewed or used as practice tests. This means that you cannot infer from the Item Samplers what the 2014 GED® test will look like with any accuracy. Unlike a test form, the Item Samplers were not constructed to represent the full range of difficulty of the 2014 GED® test nor do they reflect the actual distribution of items across the various item types. On each test subject, multiple choice items will still represent the majority of test questions.
UPDATES TO THE ITEM SAMPLERS
The November 2012 update to the Item Samplers includes 16 additional multiple choice items (four items in each content area) that have been field-tested and that:
- Reflect the 2014 GED® test Assessment Targets
- Show additional examples of multiple choice items, and
- Provide sample items that are easier to more moderate in difficulty, thereby depicting items that are more representative of the range represented on the 2014 test
This June 2013 update to the Item Samplers contains some minor adjustments related to additional data obtained during the test development process.
Questions or comments? Email us at GED2014@GEDtestingservice.com.
Sign-up to View, Download, or Print Item Samplers
View, download, or print the Item Samplers.
GET THE PRACTICE TEST